Sunday 10 March 2013

Finding a Safe Haven


Watching the trailer for Safe Haven I didn’t quite know what to expect from the movie as it was advertised as being based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks, author of The Notebook and Dear John. I’ve never seen The Notebook but there are so many references to it in other movies I know it is truly a slushy one. I did watch Dear John and did find that uber-slushy! The trailer for Safe Haven did show an element of excitement in it but I wasn’t sure if this was a minor or major part of the plot, so I went in with an open mind and …

… I was pleasantly surprised! Safe Haven didn’t play too strongly on the romantic side of things, although the story itself isn't 100% original - we’ve seen similar stories before and a particular Julia Roberts film springs to mind ;o). It had intrigue, a bit of excitement and, just when you thought it had played out everything, there was an added element of surprise. It was that extra surprise that really made it. So a thumbs up to this one after all, though I’m not sure what was going on with Josh Duhamel’s hairstyle – throughout the movie I was thinking “Josh, why on earth are you wearing your hair like that!?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment