Thursday 11 April 2013

Identity Theft - let's hope it never happens to you!!!

I wasn't sure what I'd make of this movie as I'm not a particular fan of Melissa McCarthy, but Jason Bateman is a pretty decent actor and has been on the acting scene for such a long time - can you remember his TV days in the series Valerie which then became the Hogan Family? And of course there's Teenwolf Too.

So the verdict? My friend and I found Identify Theft funny in places but it's one of those types of movies where it might be trying a little too hard to make you laugh, so much so that you aren't always sure if you should be laughing or not. Jason Bateman did an excellent job at portraying his annoyance at the antics of his co-star and in some scenes satisfyingly got his revenge. This film wasn't too original either as we recently saw a similar storyline in Due Date. The film's moral tone was one of sympathy for Ms McCarthy's character but by the end of the story did I sympathise with her at all? Not really!

No comments:

Post a Comment