Monday 21 January 2013

Let it snow, but not that much !!!

On Friday I was sitting in a stationary aeroplane in the middle of a snow blizzard wondering if we'd ever take-off. It made me think of Die Hard 2 - Bruce Willis easily taking on the bad guys and the bad weather all at once. Whilst Die Hard 2 doesn't even compare to the original it's one of the ones you always remember for its snow especially if, like me, you are snowed in at an airport. I wanted Bruce to show up and quickly sort out the grounded plane situation but sadly that was not to be, so instead I passed the time thinking of the best snow movies/scenes. Here's what I came up with for my top 5 ...

1. 30 Days of Night - snow, vampires, a hopeless situation  - what more could you want for entertainment.

2. The Thing - a classic for sci-fi fans!

3. Kill Bill - the Japanese snowy garden scene, such a beautiful setting for the O-Ren Ishii sword fight and a great contrast with the blood.

4. Troll Hunter - a Norwegian gem of a film, and a must if you haven't already seen this.

5. Planes, Trains and Automobiles - another hilarious contribution from Steve Martin :o)

Well despite the blizzard and minus a Bruce I was lucky enough to make it to Spain in search of the sun, so many thanks easyJet! And the 8 hour wait didn't really seem that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment